Assistant Accountant/ Part-Qualified Accountant
Beyond Accounting is a Chartered Accountancy practice offering far more than traditional accounting services.
Beyond Accounting is a Chartered Accountancy practice offering far more than traditional accounting services. Not only is it heavily invested in delivering technology solutions to its clients (for instance, Beyond is the Xero Platinum Partner / Partner of the Year (Ireland) 2017 & 2018), it also offers a range of value-added services such as software training, business development, company services and relocation advice
The successful candidates will join Beyond’s growing team providing a full suite of accounting and financial reporting services. The role will be focused towards usual bookkeeping, accounting compliance and tax services thus offering candidates a full exposure to the international accounting professional services experience. The successful candidate will be tasked with various client tasks to include but not limited to VAT returns, Payroll, Annual Accounts, Annual Returns, Tax returns, main filing obligations and accounting packages implementations for a portfolio of company’s clients in Ireland and will report to the Accounting team in Dublin.
- Proactively assist the team in various aspects of client accounting tasks
- Work to targets, meeting deadlines and reaching agreed KPI’
- Input accounting entries
- Prepare tax returns, financial statements, management reports, etc
- Prepare other statutory required reports
- Ensure compliance with company policies, relevant accounting and tax requirements and internal controls.
- Ensure statutory and legal compliance.
- Support accounting team in Ireland in assigned area of responsibility under the direct supervision of the Team Leader
This position requires someone with a good attitude and good numerical skills. The assistant accountant will also be mature enough to take responsibility for jobs and will be at ease communicating with clients.
Relevant work experience:
- 2 years within accountancy practice or accounts department
- A history of working to targets, meeting deadlines and reaching agreed KPIs.
- Excellent Written and Oral communication skills, analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Systems savvy and excellent IT skills including all GSuite and Microsoft office applications, in particular MS Excel and Google sheets.
- Essential Accounting Knowledge/Skills: Data Entry; Payroll; Accounting Conceptual Framework; Double Entry, Balance Sheet Account Preparation; Bookkeeping; Excellent Business Math; Understanding of Budgetary Principles; Knowledge of Sales and Employee taxes.
The qualities we are looking for in Beyond team members are
- A desire to take on responsibility and be accountable for the work you produce.
- People-oriented - keen to develop relationships with clients and to deliver the best customer experience
- Honesty and integrity
- Eager to take initiative and develop your role
- Problem-solving – people who offer solutions, not problems
- Tech-literate – able to use technology efficiently and effectively
- Positive and enthusiastic by nature
- Good organisation, time-management and communication skills
Benefits and Renumeration:
The assistant accountant role offers a package with benefits that include:
- College funding (we cover all your fees, including courses, books and exams)
- Paid study leave and exam leave
- Xero certification
- Regular training workshops and individual training/mentoring
- Client-facing responsibility and a clear path for career progression
- Support to upskill in related areas
Please email your CV, Cover Letter and Academic Results to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Career path progression
- A fantastic D2 location in bright, modern offices
- 4 weeks annual leave