South Dublin County Council
South Dublin County Council is inviting applications from suitably qualified applicants who wish to be considered for their Executive Accountant role.
This position is a senior position within the Finance Function reporting to the Financial / Management Accountant. The successful candidate will be responsible for modernising and managing change in the Finance Function. They will be responsible for the introduction of new initiatives, policies and procedures and working with multidisciplinary teams.
The duties will include:
- Responsibility for the management of a number of sections within the Finance Department and responsibility for the day-to-day operations of these sections.
- Assisting in the planning, scheduling and preparing the Annual Financial Statement.
- Making sure that the Council adheres to currently accepted accounting standards and relevant codes of practice.
- Develop the accounting skills of staff involved in financial activities throughout the Council and provide financial advice and assistant to all departments.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors. Provide information to Auditors during the course of their audits as required.
- Assisting in the planning, compilation and preparation of Local Authority Budgets.
To apply please follow this link: