Qualified Accountant - Practice Manager
Avid Partners requires a dynamic Practice Manager.IS THIS YOU?
- Looking for a new challenge?
- experience in Accountancy Practice? You have a lot of potential, but currently going nowhere?
- Are you ready to grow with Avid Partners?
- Want to be actively and directly involved in taking our practice to the next level?
- Qualified Accountant (CPA/ACCA/ACA)?
- Significant experience in Accountancy Practice.
- Must be a member of Professional body – CPA/ACCA/ACA
- Must have minimum of 7 years’ experience in Practice
- Must have minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar role in Practice in Ireland
Due to continued growth and development, Avid Partners is seeking a dynamic Qualified Accountant who will be pivotal in helping develop and grow a multiple office practice in line with the development plan for the forthcoming five years.
We currently have a wide range of staff over multiple locations within Leinster including Dublin and Portlaoise with a practice wide agenda for growth of service, locations and clients. Have a look at our website – https://www.avidpartners.ie/careers/
You will be described as:
- Ambitious, a great communicator, a great manager, someone who wants to make a difference to our clients’ lives, organised and efficient, a make-it happen person.
- Someone who can take charge of any situation and provide leadership to staff and clients.
- Someone who really gets a kick from helping clients and bringing real value to their business and their lives.
- Someone who wants to make a difference and put their mark on whatever they do.
- Someone who is a Qualified Accountant engaged in Accountancy Practice
The job is:
Initially you will be 2nd
in charge to the Managing Director, Jamie O’Hanlon but this is only temporary.
In the long run, you will take over the running of the multiple offices and be responsible, with the regional team leaders and regional team members to grow this practice multiple times in size over the next 5 years. You will also be part of the building team to deal with the growing office workload.
You will have all the assistance and training you need, but this role definitely requires a go-getter personality with strong management skills and experience in leading and driving a team.
A Qualified Accountant with lengthy and extensive background of experience in Accountancy Practice is required including accounts, corporate/personal/capital tax, auditing, management accounts and financial reporting, client advisory services and a track record in supervising staff and dealing face to face with clients and other stakeholders.
Areas of responsibility:
- Managing and planning audit, audit exempt and project assignments
- Receiving the financial records from the client and the preparation of routine financial reports essential to the effective support of the financial function of the client to include annual financial statements and taxation reports
- Managing a portfolio of clients and the provision of business advisory support to these clients
- Setting out key goals and objectives to deliver the strategic plan
- Working with existing clients to develop new business opportunities
- Identifying and promote additional services and support to clients
- Provide high-level technical and business and commercial advisory support to clients
- Working to deadlines and budgetary measures and other KPI essential for the efficient functioning and growth of the practice
- Arranging the celebration of 20-year anniversary and events leading up to the celebration
- Liaising with Management and staff on co-ordination and alignment of work flow strategy
- Liaising and co-ordinating with internal staff members and providing them with support, guidance and training
- Communicating with colleagues, clients and public at large
- Liaising with marketing consultant on the enhancement and maintenance of the practice image and public profile
- Conducting public engagements and networking events along with other staff members
- Developing seminars and public engagements
You will be based either in the Dublin or Portlaoise regional office but will travel to all other regional offices within Leinster and to clients throughout Ireland.
From €50,000 to €75,000 including incentive
To a large extent you will be your own boss and have a lot of freedom. This is a challenging role with a lot of opportunity not for the faint hearted. If you believe you are the right person for this job, then send me your CV, contact details and a short e-mail explaining why you think that you are right for this job to: email@example.com
Avid Partners – Accountants & Business Advisors has grown rapidly since its foundation in 2001 and offers a full and comprehensive range of professional accounting and advisory services. The company aims to become a leading independent firm of business advisers and consultants. Our approach is different as we:
Staff & Service Profile
- Develop strong, trusting and lasting relationships with clients
- Offer a focused, results-driven approach to you and your business
- Identify new growth opportunities in response to a tougher trading environment
- Secure experts who provide complementary skills in areas such as consulting and technology to work with you and your organisation as required
- From Audit and to Taxation to Business Consultancy and Marketing, we provide you with the complete picture
- Our people work directly with yours. We build a relationship – we get results.
Our service is only as good as the people we have working for you and your company. With that in mind, we have recruited the best and brightest
of Ireland’s financial graduates with solid experience and a continuing professional development a must for our team. Each member of the Avid Partners – Accountants & Business Advisors team undergoes a comprehensive introduction programme and enjoys regular training and development
to ensure that they remain abreast of legal, accountancy, taxation, corporate finance and company legislative changes, as well as remaining on top of their game for the benefit of our clients. The practice has 14 personnel servicing the following areas:
- Taxation – Personal / Corporate
- Management Accounts / Financial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Wealth management
- Auditing and Compliance review
- Corporate Finance
- HR Advisory / Support
To become widely renowned for the professional services and support which we provide to clients within the business place and for all colleagues to value and enjoy the contribution they each make to the welfare and prosperity of client and colleagues.