Trainee Accountant - J. Meade and Company
J. Meade and Company
J. Meade & Company is a boutique accountancy firm specialising in audit and assurance, taxation, business advisory and corporate finance.
We advise a wide range of high net worth individuals, domestic and international businesses, multinationals and both domestic and foreign investors. We are the Irish member firm of EuraAudit International, an international association of over 150 independent accountancy firms worldwide. The firm is a dynamic and fast growing practice and due to our expanding client base, we are seeking to recruit a trainee accountant.
We are seeking to recruit a trainee accountant for our audit and accounts team. The role will provide
the successful candidate with the opportunity to work with an ambitious firm of accountants and tax
advisors providing audit and assurance services to sole traders and partnerships, privately owned
businesses and multinationals across a wide range of business sectors. The role will also include
opportunities to gain experience in taxation and corporate finance.
As a trainee accountant, you will be training towards your professional accountancy qualification
(CPA or ACCA) under the J. Meade trainee scheme. We provide course and examination fees, paid
study leave and a strong learning environment for the successful candidate. We provide all our
trainees with a diversified training experience with full support from our qualified accountants. Each
trainee is assigned a mentor who supports the trainee throughout their training contract.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and small and medium size companies and groups;
- Assisting with the provision of audit services to a wide range of medium to large owner managed businesses and multinationals including conducting audit fieldwork on client sites;
- Assisting the tax team with income tax and corporation tax compliance;
- Assisting with ad hoc consultancy assignments;
As you progress through your training contract you will gain more responsibility for elements of each
assignment which will lead towards liaising directly with clients and supporting new trainees.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
The successful candidate should possess the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- An excellent academic record
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in working with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to work towards deadlines
- Ambitious with a willingness to learn and work hard
We offer competitive packages to all trainees depending on qualifications, academic record and
experience. Our package includes course fees, annual subscriptions and paid study leave.
Contact Details and Start Date
It is intended that the successful candidate will start immediately. If you are interested in this
opportunity, please send your full curriculum vitae to email@example.com with a short cover
letter or alternatively you can write to us at J. Meade & Co., 15 Main Street, Raheny, Dublin 5.