CPA Ireland has a mutual recognition agreement (MRA) with one of the world's largest accounting bodies with a global membership of more than 168,000+ members, CPA Australia (Certified Practising Accountants Australia)
The MRA offers both bodies the opportunity for key strategic partnerships and provides a route for qualified members of each body to become a member of the other body, and to enjoy the benefits which each organisation offers.
The MRA has came into effect on January 1st 2010 and was renewed again on November 14th 2019, CPA Australia and CPA Ireland members should consult their respective websites for further details. Processing of applications should take 4-6 weeks.
Pictured left to right: Eamonn Siggins, CEO, CPA Ireland; Gearóid O’Driscoll, President, CPA Ireland; Peter Wilson, President and Chairman, CPA Australia and Andrew Hunter, CEO, CPA Australia.
Member Benefits, Discounts and Professional Services
CPA Ireland provides members with a variety of benefits, discounts and professional services. The full range includes financial, health, publication, lifestyle, technical and professional benefits. Professional and technical resources will enable you to remain up to date and at the leading edge of your profession.
You Can Become a CPA Without Leaving Home
CPA is one of the best known international accounting designations and Irish professional qualifications are held in high regard worldwide. By becoming a CPA you are joining a global network. Out of some two and a half million qualified accountants worldwide, one million plus are CPAs. The entire application is online so you can become a member from the comfort of your own home!
Terms & Conditions
A CPA Australia member seeking admission to CPA Ireland should:
- Be a holder of an accounting degree and who has successfully completed:
a) The CPA Program; and
b) The PER
- The holder of a non-accounting degree, and who has successfully completed:
i) The Foundation Level of the CPA Program; or
ii) An undergraduate degree covering the Foundation Level core knowledge requirements;
b) The Professional Level of the CPA Program; and
c) The PER;
- A member of CPA Australia that does not fall under either paragraph above but who has at least ten (10) years’ work experience of which five (5) are at a senior level
- Be a member in Good standing and not currently subject to any disciplinary sanctions or investigations and have not been subject to any disciplinary sanctions in the past five years.
CPA Ireland is not obliged to admit as its Member any Member of CPA Australia who:
(a) is a Member of CPA Australia by virtue of an MRA or any other mutual recognition arrangement with another professional body;
(b) is the subject of a current investigation into his or her professional conduct;
(c) has been subject to any disciplinary sanctions within the five years prior to his/her application for membership to CPA Ireland.
You can join CPA in 4 steps:
1. Email PDF copies of all relevant documentation below to email@example.com
- CPA Australia Letter of Goodstanding
- 2 Professional written letters of reference
- ID (Passport or Driving Licence)
- CPA Australia Membership Certificate
2. Complete and pass two online courses (available at €125 each):
Once you have completed steps 1 and 2 above, you can then complete steps 3 and 4.
3. Complete the Online MRA Application form
4. Pay the Administration Fee of €200
If you require further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About CPA Australia
CPA Australia is one of the world's largest accounting bodies with a global membership of more than 164,695 members across the globe. In areas of financial reporting, taxation and corporate governance they are thought leaders in Australia and internationally.
Education, training, technical support and advocacy are their core services for members. Staff and members work together with local and international bodies to represent the views and concerns of the profession to federal, state and territory governments and to regulators, industry, academia and the general public. For more information visit www.cpaaustralia.com.au