When does the competition begin & end?
The National Accounting Competition runs for 10 weeks. Commencing Monday, February 6th - Sunday, April 23rd ,2023
How do I participate in the National Accounting Competition?
Each week there will be accounting based questions released on the Quitch App and participants earn points for correctly answering and points for how quickly and accurately they answer the questions. Participants can move up and down the leaderboard. The top 3 participants will win the main prizes, and all competitors who answer any questions throughout the competition are eligible to win the weekly prizes chosen at random
What type of questions will there be?
There is a mixture of MCQ, True or False and fill in the blank from first year Accounting theory. The quicker you answer and answer correctly will earn you points.
What is Quitch?
Quitch is a gamified online learning platform that is free to download from the App Store and Google Play. Quitch can be used by educators and trainers to create fun quizzes for their learners. Quitch also hosts competitions such as the National Accounting Competition sponsored by CPA Ireland.
How do I download Quitch?
A full run through of how to donwload Quitch and participate is here.
Can anyone participate in the National Accounting Competition?
There are some conditions to enter the National Accounting Competition. These include:
Do I have to register at the start of the competition to participate?
- Participants must be over the age of 18.
- Participants must be enrolled as an accounting or business student in University or an institute of technology (IT) in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland; and,
- Participants must register to the Quitch ‘National Ireland Accounting Competition’ class using their Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland University/IT email address.
- Quitch reserves the right to verify the validity of entrants and disqualify anyone who is not eligible.
- All Terms & Conditions can be found here.
No, you can register anytime throughout the 10-week competition and will have access to all the questions.
Can I use Quitch on my desktop?
No, Quitch is an exclusively mobile application and therefore cannot be used on desktop for this competition
What are the prizes for this competition?
- The eligible 1st place winner will receive €1000.
- The eligible 2nd place winner will receive €600.
- The eligible 3rd place winner will receive €300.
- CPA Ireland is also offering 10x €100 weekly prizes chosen at random to participants in the competition. Participants are only eligible for the weekly prizes if they have attempted one or more questions.
- Additionally, CPA Ireland is offering a €500 educators prize to the University/IT of the competition winner.
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org